- Learn at your own pace.
- Enroll at any time.
- You can complete your courses as fast as necessary but generally completion is within 4 to 5 months.
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree if registering for credit.
Students need to be able to self-regulate and control their behaviors in order to be ready to learn in their classroom. Neither the student themselves nor their classmates are able to learn in a classroom that is chaotic, unpredictable and disruptive. In this course, teachers will learn how to teach students to manage their emotions and anger. They will learn how to develop lessons and interventions that engage students and promote positive behavior. Participants in this class will know how to shape behavior instruction, work with the families of behavior-challenged students and collaborate with school social workers and psychologists to solve problem behavior in the classroom. Evidence-based interventions that are practical and ready to use are provided for the classroom teacher.
- Learn how to empower their students with strategies to control and regulate their own behavior.
- Teach students how to develop important social skills to keep and maintain friendships.
- Learn how to provide engaging academic instruction to promote executive functioning and prevent challenging behavior in the classroom.
- Know how to positively reinforce good behaviors and use undesireable consequences in a supportive way.
- Design and implement effective functional behavior plans.
- Understand the theory and research supporting positive behavior support interventions in improving academic achievement, improving the learning environment and reducing problem behaviors
Step 1 - Choose your credit type:
a) Graduate level PDE credit (University of North Dakota) cannot be used for master/degree programs of study.
b) Noncredit/CEUs provides a record of completion (CEA)
Step 2 - Choose appropriate registration button below.
RELEVANT. CONVENIENT. AFFORDABLE.
Online Graduate Professional Development &
Continuing Education Credit Courses for Teachers
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please e-mail EA at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to cancel your completed registration.