I registered for a course but haven't received an email.
- Check your spam folder. If you still have not received an email, send a an email at email@example.com
Are there any prerequisites?
- Yes, participants must have a bachelors degree.
What does a CEA course cost?
- Credit Cost
- 1 credit - $175
- 2 credits - $325
- 3 credits - $475
The credit cost includes course access, course materials (if applicable) and credit.
- Noncredit/CEU Cost
- 15 contact hours equivalent to 1 credit course - $150
- 30 contact hours equivalent to 2 credit course - $250
- 45 contact hours equivalent to 3 credit course - $350
The noncredit/CEU cost includes course access, course materials (if applicable) and a record of completion.
What type of payment does CEA accept?
- CEA accepts Visa, MC, Discover, American Express, or PayPal through secure payment processing by PayPal.
What’s covered in cost?
- Course access, course material if applicable, and credit or certificate of completion
How do I cancel my registration?
- A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Some offerings have various cancellation policies. Please be certain to review each program's cancellation policy. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please complete the form at https://www.continuingeducationassociates.com/about/contact/ to request to cancel your completed registration.
How do I obtain a receipt?
- Receipts are automatically sent upon registering for a class. If you need a copy, please request one online.
When and how will I get course access?
- Generally within 48 hours of registering, an access email will be sent.
When do courses begin and end?
- Enroll anytime and complete as fast as necessary but generally in 4 to 5 months.
Are Courses based on semester or quarter?
- Generally semester based credit is awarded.
How many credits can I take?
- Generally 15 credits during the fall and spring semesters and 12 credits during the summer semester.
Who do I Contact if I have a question about a course if registered?
- Instructor contact information will be provided with the welcome email. If you have general questions, email CEA.
How long does it take to complete a course?
- Participants can complete as fast as necessary but generally 4 to 5 months.
May I receive a course extension?
- Yes, generally such provisions are limited to two weeks. Special case scenarios may be granted additional completion time. Such requests should be submitted to CEA.
When will transcripts be ready?
- Generally within three weeks of course completion. It is advised that unofficial transcripts are viewed prior to ordering official copies. It is recommended to review the University Partner’s transcript information.
How do I viewing grades/transcripts?
- UND Participants: To view your Unofficial Transcript through Campus Connection or to order an Official Transcript: Go to http://und.edu/tech-support/students/educators and follow the steps under "Unofficial Transcripts" to view your transcripts, Or "Official Transcripts” for directions to order them. The cost is $12.00.
- CSU-Pueblo Participants: CSU-Pueblo will email participants transcript access information once their online registration is processed. Participants can log into their student account and check on the status of their grades periodically. When participants are ready to order a transcript, there are two options available. Paper copies are available in 7-10 business days and electronic copies are available within 2 business days. Participants can order transcripts directly through their student account.
How soon should I have my coursework completed to meet my recertification or renewal deadline/transcript need?
- Coursework may be submitted anytime however, it generally can take three weeks before grades are posted and transcripts are ready to order. It is advised that individuals view their unofficial transcript prior to ordering to ensure grade(s) are posted.
How do I order a transcript?
- UND Participants: IMPORTANT! Please wait at least 2 to 3 weeks to request transcript(s). If you place your order too early, your grade may not yet be recorded on your transcript. To hold the transcript until grades get posted, look for the section entitled Delivery Options on the transcript request form, and select "Hold until grades are posted". You will need to contact the Registrar's office at 701.777.2711 and provide the specific course information on your last course taken, and your transcript will not be sent until it gets posted. Provide the workshop name, ending date, and project # (if known).
To view your Unofficial Transcript through Campus Connection or to order an Official Transcript:
Go to http://und.edu/tech-support/students/educators and follow the steps under "Unofficial Transcripts" to view your transcripts, Or "Official Transcripts” for directions to order them. The cost is $12.00.
- CSU-Pueblo Participants: CSU-Pueblo will email participants a letter with transcript access information once the course is completed and the corresponding grade is recorded.
How much will my official transcript cost?
- Varies by campus.
Salary Advancement/License Renewal/Recertification
Will these course be accepted by my State/school?
- Generally yes however you should always verify with your licensing agency and/or school district prior to enrolling. CEA courses offer graduate level credit (posted in semester hours) from our academic partners. All partner Universities are regionally accredited, with quality teacher continuing education programs and are NCATE accredited. Although our courses are designed to fulfill requirements for license renewal and salary advancement, we strongly recommend that you seek prior approval of CEA courses from your licensing agency and/or school district prior to enrolling.
What type of credit does CEA University partners offer?
- The University of North Dakota offers graduate level PDE credit. These credits cannot be used for master/degree programs of study.
- Colorado State University – Pueblo offers degree eligible graduate credit. These credits may be eligible to be used on graduate programs of study. Individuals would follow program guidelines and admittance criteria at CSU-Pueblo to do so.
Are CEA courses accredited?
- CEA University partners are institutionally accredited and hold NCATE accreditation as well.
Do CEA courses qualify for student loan deferment or financial aid?
- If you are currently enrolled in a degree program at a University and depending on the need, you may qualify for assistance. Individuals should contact the University’s financial aid office in which you are actively enrolled in a degree program prior to registering for our courses to see if you qualify.
Can I receive verification of purchase/completion for tax purposes (1098T Form)?
- CEA will provide receipts upon request with each registration transaction. CEA does not provide 1098T forms. You may request a copy of your receipt.
Will the University Partners provide a 1098T form?
- UND Participants: The University of North Dakota does not provide participants with a 1098T.
- CSU-Pueblo Participants: Students taking ED 501 and ED 500 courses for credit through CSU-Pueblo are considered non-degree seeking students and therefore CSU-Pueblo does not provide IRS Form 1098-T. Issuance of IRS Form 1098-T is only required for degree seeking students. CSU-Pueblo encourages students to seek advice from a competent professional tax advisor regarding the taxation implications of education related expenses.