- Learn at your own pace.
- Enroll at any time.
- Completion time frames vary for courses listed, but most take 3 or 4 months to complete.
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree if registering for credit.
This course will explore the principles of gaming and gamification, as well as how these principles can impact – both positively and negatively – student engagement and success in the classroom. Participants will explore the key components of popular games and apply them to their own classroom procedures and pedagogy. The course will culminate in a Gamified Unit Outline in which participants will incorporate gamification principles and processes into a new or existing unit lesson. Popular tools for gamifying a classroom will also be explored.
- Examine the positive and negative aspects of gaming.
- Apply best practices, strategies, and tools for gamifying classroom procedures and lessons.
- Explore frameworks for gamification.
- Develop a strategic gamification plan for an existing unit or project.
Step 1 - Choose your credit type:
a) Graduate level PDE credit (University of North Dakota) cannot be used for master/degree programs of study.
b) The ED 500 course number is for post-baccalaureate nondegree graduate-level professional development credit study at CSU-Pueblo. The 500-course numbers ARE NOT eligible to be used on programs of study.
c) Noncredit/CEUs provides a record of completion (CEA)
Step 2 - Choose appropriate registration button below.
RELEVANT. CONVENIENT. AFFORDABLE.
Online Graduate Professional Development &
Continuing Education Credit Courses for Teachers
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please e-mail EA at email@example.com to request to cancel your completed registration.