- Learn at your own pace.
- Enroll at any time.
- You can complete your courses as fast as necessary but generally completion is within 4 to 5 months.
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree if registering for credit.
Excellent writing skills are important for all students across the curriculum. In this course, teachers will learn evidence-based instructional writing strategies that directly connect to the Common Core State Standards for K-12 students. Topics covered in this course include strategies for teaching narrative composition, argumentative and informative writing skills, planning and revision techniques, improving sentence construction skills, spelling, and handwriting. Motivating students during the writing process, using technology to support writing instruction, as well as teaching writing to English Language Learners, and using writing instruction within the Response To Intervention framework are also covered in this class. Teachers will not only learn the latest research and instructional procedures but, will also have the opportunity to create lesson plans specific to the needs of the students in their classroom.
As a result of participation in this course, students should:
- Learn how to design an effective writing program for pre-K-12th grade students.
- Incorporate instructional best practices to teach narrative composition, argumentative, and informative writing.
- Develop best practices in teaching planning, evaluation, and revision of student assignments, as well as improving sentence structure, spelling skills, and using technological support across the curriculum.
- Use instructional best practices to teach writing skills to English Language Learners.
- Apply research-based instructional strategies to develop dynamic lesson plans for students in their classroom.
Step 1 - Choose your credit type:
a) Graduate level PDE credit (University of North Dakota) cannot be used for master/degree programs of study.
b) Noncredit/CEUs provides a record of completion (CEA
Step 2 - Choose appropriate registration button below.
RELEVANT. CONVENIENT. AFFORDABLE.
Online Graduate Professional Development &
Continuing Education Credit Courses for Teachers
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please e-mail EA at email@example.com to request to cancel your completed registration.