- Learn at your own pace.
- Enroll at any time.
- You can complete your courses as fast as necessary but generally completion is within 4 to 5 months.
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree if registering for credit.
This course will provide teachers with the most recent best practice guidelines in all aspects of English Language Learning instruction. Teachers will learn how to create effective lessons for reading, writing, oral language, vocabulary and content-domain literature. Best practices in assessing linguistically and culturally diverse students, as well as how to promote positive school, home and community partnerships will be provided. Recommendations for teaching adolescent ELL learners, as well as those with learning disabilities will be discussed. This course is appropriate for elementary through high-school ELL and general education classroom instructors.
- Learn the history of teaching ELL learners in the United States and discern appropriate teaching methods.
- Create lesson plans following the best practices for teaching reading and writing to young ELL learners.
- Know how to teach middle school ELL learners in the mainstream classroom.
- Adapt current lesson plans and teaching strategies for ELL students with learning disabilities.
- Incorporate research based best practices to support literacy and writing assessment.
Step 1 - Choose your credit type:
a) Graduate level PDE credit (University of North Dakota) cannot be used for master/degree programs of study.
b) Noncredit/CEUs provides a record of completion (CEA)
Step 2 - Choose appropriate registration button below.
RELEVANT. CONVENIENT. AFFORDABLE.
Online Graduate Professional Development &
Continuing Education Credit Courses for Teachers
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please e-mail EA at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to cancel your completed registration.