- Learn at your own pace.
- Enroll at any time.
- Completion time frames vary for courses listed, but most take 3 or 4 months to complete.
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree if registering for credit.
The Whole Brain Child is an easy-to-read, practical book that breaks down how a child’s brain works and how the brain changes/develops over time. Through vignettes of common situations children experience and visual representations (including reminder charts), strategies are shared for helping children to manage emotions meaningfully and integrate their brains in order to learn. Clear explanations are included for age-appropriate techniques to promote emotional and intellectual development.
At the end of this course, you should be able to accomplish the following objectives:
- Reflect on everyday moments that educators/parents/other caregivers experience with children that can serve as opportunities to help kids reach their full potential.
- Explain the importance of an integrated brain in developing decision-making skills, control of body and emotions, self-awareness, positive relationships, and success in school.
- Explore strategies to help children to use both the logical left brain and the emotional right brain for greater clarity and understanding in learning and life.
Step 1 - Choose your credit type:
a) Graduate level PDE credit (University of North Dakota) cannot be used for master/degree programs of study.
b) Noncredit/CEUs provides a record of completion (CEA)
Step 2 - Choose appropriate registration button below.
RELEVANT. CONVENIENT. AFFORDABLE.
Online Graduate Professional Development &
Continuing Education Credit Courses for Teachers
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please e-mail EA at email@example.com to request to cancel your completed registration.