- Learn at your own pace.
- Enroll at any time.
- Completion time frames vary for courses listed, but most take 3 or 4 months to complete.
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree if registering for credit.
Teach Like a Pirate offers inspiration, practical techniques and innovative ideas that will help you increase student engagement, boost your creativity and transform your life as an educator. This course will tap into your passion as a teacher-even when you are less than excited about the subject being taught. You will develop creative lessons that capture your students’ attention and interests as well as transform your lessons into meaningful experiences for your students.
At the end of this course, you should be able to accomplish the following objectives:
- Explore current educational research on developing questions linked to curricular outcomes.
- Evaluate current instructional practices.
- Develop an understanding of educational taxonomies and their applications in classrooms and instructional planning.
Based on Dave Burgess's popular "Outrageous Teaching" and "Teach Like a PIRATE" seminars, this book offers inspiration, practical techniques, and innovative ideas that will help you to increase student engagement, boost your creativity, and transform your life as an educator.
Step 1 - Choose your credit type:
a) Graduate level PDE credit (University of North Dakota) cannot be used for master/degree programs of study.
b) Noncredit/CEUs provides a record of completion (CEA)
Step 2 - Choose appropriate registration button below.
RELEVANT. CONVENIENT. AFFORDABLE.
Online Graduate Professional Development &
Continuing Education Credit Courses for Teachers
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please e-mail EA at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to cancel your completed registration.