- Learn at your own pace.
- Enroll at any time.
- You can complete your courses as fast as necessary but generally completion is within 4 to 5 months.
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree if registering for credit.
Earth’s Dirty Little Secrets course allows teachers to learn at their own pace, on their schedule, and from their own home or classroom.
Earth’s Dirty Little Secrets course is a complete set of “hands-on” lessons centered around a single conceptual unit of instruction. Included in the course are; course syllabus, assessment menu, grading guide, student pages, teacher pages, safety guidelines and helps, student assessments, and teacher assessments.
By selecting to do Earth’s Dirty Little Secrets the teacher can increase their science knowledge and improve their science curriculum at the same time because the teacher, as the purchaser, can use these lessons for their personal classroom use.
For the teacher to receive their credit, there is a list of assessment requirements. Think of these like a “menu” of learning enhancements designed to help the teacher become more proficient in a specific content area. This lets the professional take advantage of their personal learning skills and methods. But more importantly they can improve their student’s performance in real science learning.
Intermediate is recommended for 3rd-8th grade teachers.
- to bring “real-life” applied science into the classroom
- allow teachers and students to use constructivist learning for real hands-on science
- gives the professional educator help with what is needed to enhance their natural teaching skills in a given area.
- allow for multi-level learning skills to address the concept
- train teachers in ways to identify cross-curricular ties to each science concept so students realize everything is connected
- train teachers to recognize relevant STEM applications
Step 1 - Choose your credit type:
a) Graduate level PDE credit (University of North Dakota) cannot be used for master/degree programs of study.
b) Noncredit/CEUs provides a record of completion (CEA)
Step 2 - Choose appropriate registration button below.
1, 2 or 3 Credits
RELEVANT. CONVENIENT. AFFORDABLE.
Online Graduate Professional Development &
Continuing Education Credit Courses for Teachers
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please e-mail EA at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to cancel your completed registration.