- Learn at your own pace.
- Enroll at any time.
- Completion time frames vary for the courses listed, but most take 3 or 4 months to complete.
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree if registering for credit.
Dare to Lead is a beloved book by popular author Brené Brown which is about leaning into courage and building a courageous culture in our work. It explores the importance of developing an awareness of how we respond to our fears, and learning how to embrace tough conversations. As Brené explains, “A leader is anyone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes and has the courage to develop that potential.” This title will appeal to those in educator roles, therapists, administrators, coaches, counselors, and many more.
As a result of participation in this course, participants will know and understand:
- Reflect on our leadership as educators and team members, and on what it means to be a daring leader.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of vulnerability (it is the fundamental skill of courage-building) and tough but necessary “rumble” conversations.
- Explore strategies to build empathy and create shame resilience.
- Discover ways to live into our values, to give and receive feedback respectfully and effectively, and to build trust with ourselves and others.
- Investigate common offloading strategies for emotion and the positive ways we can reckon with emotions.
- Develop an understanding of the types of questions risers rumble with to discover the true stories, and what is really going on in challenging situations.
- Explore the importance of the revolution, and how we are defining true success.
Step 1 - Choose your credit type:
a) Graduate-level PDE credit (University of North Dakota) cannot be used for master’s/degree programs of study.
b) Noncredit/CEUs provide a record of completion (CEA)
Step 2 - Choose appropriate registration button below.
RELEVANT. CONVENIENT. AFFORDABLE.
Online Graduate Professional Development &
Continuing Education Credit Courses for Teachers
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please e-mail EA at email@example.com to request to cancel your completed registration.