- Learn at your own pace.
- Enroll at any time.
- Completion time frames vary for courses listed, bust most take 3 or 4 months to complete.
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree if registering for credit.
School is all about ideas and igniting the fire and passion within our students who are a part of a global community. TED is an organization that helps teachers bring ideas into conversation and debate. TED Talks spark conversations. Lessons created and shared through the TED platform. Students can create their own TED Talks to bring diverse voices, questions, and global perspectives into classroom discussions. This course will inspire and ignite passion for education.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Select and create videos and other multimedia web-based learning objects using evidence-based instructional design principles
- Illustrate how flipped/project-based learning meets the needs of diverse learners, including differences based on race, age, gender, socioeconomic status, ability, disability, and learning styles
- Collaborate with others using online tools and demonstrate how to locate or create video and other teaching materials for home use by learners for a specific instructional need.
- Design cooperative learning and peer tutoring activities using the flipped approach and utilize self and group assessment rubrics to assess group work and team activities.
- Defend chosen presentations and how they will impact educational setting
- Systematically improve their technology leadership skills and professional development plan through the integration of TED Talks.
- Support professional development activities that target active involvement in professional learning communities through social engagement with TED community events.
This course will apply the National Educational Technology Standards (NETS), and the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS)
Step 1 - Choose your credit type:
a) Graduate level PDE credit (University of North Dakota) cannot be used for master/degree programs of study.
b) Noncredit/CEUs provides a record of completion (CEA)
Step 2 - Choose appropriate registration button below.
RELEVANT. CONVENIENT. AFFORDABLE.
Online Graduate Professional Development &
Continuing Education Credit Courses for Teachers
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after registering for the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Please e-mail EA at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to cancel your completed registration.